This year, I had the opportunity to be part of a skateboarding industry panel next to some of my mentors, friends and people I admire. It was a pleasure to share personal stories, experiences and knowledge together. You can listen to the podcast on Quell's page.
Here is a quick “2 cents”, a.k.a personal advice from my own experience for people trying to find a career:
• Volunteer as much as you can.
• Put yourself out there and don’t be scared to ask questions.
• Find mentors you can learn from and collaborate with.
• Practice, try, practice, and try one more time. Remember that's ok to make mistakes.
• Create a vision board and keep track of your little victories, remember to look at those when you're a feeling down.
• Help your pals when you can, we all need each other.
• Stay positive and remember that your dreams can come true.